Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique, Pro Helvetia and the Théâtre Sévelin 36 offer a creation and immersion residency to a Québec choreographer in the Théâtre Sévelin 36′ studios. This residency will take place from March 23 to April 10, 2020, during Les Printemps de Sévelin and the Programme commun. In return, a Swiss choreographer will be in residence at Circuit-Est from May 25 to June 12,2020, during the Festival TransAmériques.
This residency includes:
- international transport;
- hosting for three weeks;
- per diem for three weeks;
Eligible candidates have to:
- be engaged in a professional career in contemporary dance;
- have a research and questionning approach in their work;
- show a high level of artistic quality as well as a singular and promising choreographic signature;
- have already presented successfully their work to the public (minimum of two creations in a professional context);
- use this residency to work on a research/creation project;
- write a report on the residency and produce documentation material if possible.
Please send your application file in one PDF document before November 25, 2020 at 11:59 PM to email@example.com. Folders with project descriptions and videos exceeding the imposed limits will not be considered.
Circuit-Est encourages applications from artists who belong to visible and invisible minorities, recently immigrated artists, and Indigenous artists.
- a motivation letter explaining how this residency is important for you;
- a description of your project, two pages (2) maximum;
- the choreographer biography;
- video excerpts (maximum 10 minutes) from recent works with YouTube or Vimeo links.
514 525-1569 ext. 1
Photo: © Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique