Maria studied contemporary dance in Yekaterinburg(Russia) at the School of Contemporary Dance with support of the Centre of Contemporary Art. During her studies she discovered and practised other disciplines like folk dance, martial arts, yoga and jazz. Since 2012 Maria has been working together with choreographer and film-maker Wim Vandekeybus as a member of his company Ultima Vez.
This masterclass is a privileged moment to communicate with your body, your mind, your thoughts and opinions as well as your actions in space. Participants explore the essence of movement through trust, movement out of necessity, instinct, self-protection, speed, fragility and tension.
April 14, 2021 – 12:15 pm : En aparté virtuel
April 12 – 16, 2021 | 10 am – 12 pm
$6 /class |Classes given with Zoom software
[To access this rate, the participants have to be Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada and currently residing in Québec.]
Maximum 20 participants
- Registration must be done by email on the eve of each class before 5 pm (Montréal time);
- Registration priority will go the participants that are eligible to the measure of MFOR-Entreprise, volet Arts & Culture (Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada and currently residing in Québec);
- For participants not eligible to this measure, a registration confirmation will be sent after 5 pm on the eve of the class/workshop;
- Fees are $6 /virtual class. If you are not eligible to the measure of MFOR-Entreprise, volet Arts & Culture, fees are $15 /class;
- Payment must be made via PayPal or Interac transfer (in Canada only) upon receipt of the invoice on Friday;
- The participants must join the Zoom meeting 15 minutes before the class/workshop;
- The participants must prepare a space of 8’ x 8’ (2.5 m x 2.5 m);
- Please note that the CNESST does not cover accidents during virtual classes.
Photo : Maria Kolegova © Danny Willems