The 2 weeks technical residencies in the studio Jeanne-Renaud include:
- 5 days of studio time per week;
- production support during the residency;
- access to the technical equipment of the studio Jeanne-Renaud;
- 30 hours of technical service (set-up, touch ups, strike) in addition to the support offered by Circuit-Est’s technical team;
- a financial contribution to their project.
The studio residencies are intended for emerging choreographers [generational or disciplinary]. Interpreters are also invited to submit a project. Selected artists will be offered 30 to 40 hours of studio time and a financial contribution to their project.
To be considered for a technical and studio residency you must:
- be engaged in a professional career in dance;
- have a research and questionning approach in their work;
- demonstrate quality in their artistic work;
- already have presented your work to the public in a professional context.
The mentorship program offers the selected choreographers 40 hours of studio time to work on their new creation, including 20 hours with a mentor of their choice. They also receive a financial contribution to their project. Mentorship gives the opportunity to emergent artists to work with experienced artists.
To be considered for a mentorship you must:
- be an emergent artist;
- present the potential of a promising artistic development;
- have a willingness to blossom on an artistic level and demonstrate the significant contribution that a mentorship represents.
Support for advanced training
Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique will be able to give full support to performers, enabling them to take part in all the advanced training activities of the 2024-2025 season for free. To be considered, you must be a performer engaged in a professional career in dance.
HOW TO APPLY?
The next deadline for applications will be on March 1, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. The online form will be available in January 2024. Folders with videos exceeding the imposed limits will not be considered. You can only apply to one program.
Circuit-Est encourages applications from Indigenous artists, artists who belong to visible and invisible minorities and recently immigrated artists.
Credit: Édifice Jean-Pierre-Perreault © Vanessa Forget
Partner of the Support for artists program