ANNUAL PROGRAM 2023-2024
Deadline: March 1st, 2023 at 11 : 59 pm
The 2 weeks technical residencies in the studio Jeanne-Renaud include:
- 5 days of studio time per week;
- production support during the residency;
- access to the technical equipment of the studio Jeanne-Renaud;
- 30 hours of technical service (set-up, touch ups, strike) in addition to the support offered by Circuit-Est’s technical team;
- a minimal financial contribution of $1,000 to the project.
Periods for technical residency: July 3 to 14, 2023 or August 14 to 25, 2023.
Studio residency Circuit-Est and Nyata Nyata
The studio residencies and the studio residencies Circuit-Est and Nyata Nyata are intended for emerging choreographers [generational or disciplinary]. Selected artists will be offered 30 to 40 hours of studio time and a minimal financial contribution of $600 to their project. Interpreters are also invited to submit a project.
Studio recidencies Circuit-Est and Nyata Nyata will take place for 2 consecutive weeks between July 11 and September 15, 2023.
To be considered for a technical and studio residency you must:
• be engaged in a professional career in dance;
• have a research and questionning approach in their work;
• demonstrate quality in their artistic work;
• already have presented your work to the public in a professional context.
The mentorship program offers the selected choreographers 40 hours of studio time to work on their new creation, including 20 hours with a mentor of their choice. They also receive a minimum financial contribution of $800 to their project. Mentorships gives the opportunity to emergent artists to work with experienced artists.
To be considered for a mentorship you must:
- be an emergent artist;
- present the potential of a promising artistic development;
- have a willingness to blossom on an artistic level and demonstrate the significant contribution that a mentorship represents.
Support for advanced training
Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique is able to give full support to performers, enabling them to take part in all the advanced training activities of the 2023-2024 season for free. To be considered, you must be a performer engaged in a professional career in dance.
First residency is dedicated to choreographers who have entered the professional milieu after
January 1st, 2020.
Circuit-Est offers :
- 30 hours of studio;
- an artistic accompaniment of 15 hours;
- a minimum financial contribution of $600.
HOW TO APPLY?
The call for project is now closed.
Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique encourages all artists to submit and encourages applications from Indigenous artists, known as diversity and recently immigrated artists.
Partner of the Support for artists
Photos : édifice Jean-Pierre-Perreault © Vanessa Forget - Technical residency Maria Kefirova © Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique - Studio residency Alejandro Sajgalik © Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique - Mentorship Charles Brecard (mentor: Mélanie Demers) © Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique - Master classes © Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique - Studio residency Lucy M. May © Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique