The 2 weeks technical residencies in the studio Jeanne-Renaud include:
- 5 days of studio time per week;
- production support during the residency;
- access to the technical equipment of the studio Jeanne-Renaud;
- 30 hours of technical service (set-up, touch ups, strike) in addition to the support offered by Circuit-Est’s technical team;
- a financial contribution to their project.
The studio residencies are intended for emerging choreographers [generational or disciplinary]. Interpreters are also invited to submit a project. Selected artists will be offered 30 to 40 hours of studio time and a financial contribution to their project.
To be considered for a technical and studio residency you must:
- be engaged in a professional career in dance;
- have a research and questionning approach in their work;
- demonstrate quality in their artistic work;
- already have presented your work to the public in a professional context.
NEW - Nyata Nyata - Circuit-Est residencies
Zab Maboungou / Compagnie Danse Nyata Nyata and Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique are partnering to offer three additional creative residencies as part of the Support for artists program.
The selected artists will be offered 30 to 40 hours in the Nyata Nyata studios in the summer of 2021 and a financial contribution to their project.
A true place for the exchange of shapes and cultures, Zab Maboungou/Compagnie Danse Nyata Nyata’s studio has a surface of 1 500 square feet and has a hardwood floor with large windows, without columns and high ceiling.
The mentorship program offers the selected choreographers 40 hours of studio time to work on their new creation, including 20 hours with a mentor of their choice. They also receive a financial contribution to their project. Mentorship gives the opportunity to emergent artists to work with experienced artists.
To be considered for a mentorship you must:
- be an emergent artist;
- present the potential of a promising artistic development;
- have a willingness to blossom on an artistic level and demonstrate the significant contribution that a mentorship represents.
Support for advanced training
Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique will be able to give full support to performers, enabling them to take part in all the advanced training activities of the 2021-2022 season for free. To be considered, you must be a performer engaged in a professional career in dance.
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit your application by completing the form by March 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Folders with videos exceeding the imposed limits will not be considered. You can only apply to one program.
Circuit-Est encourages applications from Indigenous artists, artists who belong to visible and invisible minorities and recently immigrated artists.
Photo: Gabrielle Desgagnés © Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique