Artistic Directors: Catherine Tardif and Michel F. Côté
Member since: 2003
Choreographer and dancer, Catherine Tardif danced for the Fondation Jean-Pierre Perreault, Carbone 14, Le Carré des Lombes, Fortier Danse-Création and Montreal Danse, where she also acted as choreographer. Her work has been presented in Europe, the United States and Canada. She has to her credit several collaborations in theater and created in 2001 the company Et Marianne et Simon, in which she worked as artistic director and choreographer. In 2013, Catherine Tardif led the project of cultural mediation Alors, on danse ?, in collaboration with Circuit-Est centre chorégraphique, creating a piece for fifteen participants, blind and partially sighted people aged 8-76 years. Catherine Tardif is a lecturer at the University of Quebec in Montreal.
A storyteller and sporadic musician, Michel F Côté has recorded and played with some of the most renowned musical creators in the world: Hilton Cravis III, Rev. Trevor Doldinger Jr, Béatrice “Bébé” Berlegot, Solidman Baktouf, Hamirad Halchenet, and Pandit Hariprasad Chausaria. We can find him hiding in the shadow of the spotlight, backing up these acts: Mecha Fixes Clocks, Klaxon Gueule, Quatuor minéraliste, and Tiari Kese – a duo with himself. He composes a great deal for theatre and dance projects. Indeed, he has over a hundred projects under his belt, making him a very prolific composer/designer. He has partnered up with Catherine Tardif as co-artistic directors for the dance company Et Marianne et Simon (6,3 évanouissements (2014), Salle de montre). He is also dreaming up schemes with Catherine Lavoie-Marcus (Schizes sur le sundae). Together, they collaborate on the magazine esse.
Michel F. Côté
– Music Advisor for Eros Journal, by David Pressault
– Composition and live mix for Reel to Real, by Benoît Lachambre
– Composition and live music for Singeries, by Priscilla Guy and Catherine Lavoie-Marcus
– Interpretation in the rework of La Loba, by Aurélie Pedron
– During the months of November and December, research with Josiane Bernier for a piece which will be presented at La Rotonde in April 2018.
– Assistant to the choreographer Brice Noeser for the rework of Ruminant Ruminant presented from November 30 to December 5 at La Chapelle Scènes Contemporaines.